access violation reading location (0x0a61f4dc)[SOLVED]

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Blender+C++
Gremlin

access violation reading location (0x0a61f4dc)[SOLVED]

Post by Blender+C++ »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
hi all,
i ve been having the same problem with other applications i've created earlier,when i hit an object in the scene such as,character,light or camera ,it throws me this error exception, i have no clue why that happens,all i know is that it only happen in the opengl mode unlikely in the directx mode,any clue on how to get that fixed?
thanks in advance ,
Romy
btw this is the tutorial ive been following along : http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Basic+Tu ... =Tutorials
Last edited by Blender+C++ on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yati
Greenskin

Re: access violation reading location (0x0a61f4dc)

Post by Yati »

Your probably trying to do something to a pointer thats null. What do get when you click "break" and look at you call stack?
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

Hi Yati,
thanks for replying and sorry for taking that long to answer,coz i was busy with some other stuff then i didnt find time to...well i was kindof lazy also to be honest with u LOL..but anyways lets get to the topic..i pressed break as u suggested me and look what we got :

any help is greatly appreciated!
kind regards,
Romulo
iblues1976
Gnome

Post by iblues1976 »

Step into the code and see which lines is firing the exception. After that, put a break point a few lines before. Step in again and see if any of those values are null... and then you will have to back track to see why... can you recollect more information. how about the ogre.log file.
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

Hi iblues1976,
thnx for replying dude, but as for dubugging im pretty new to c++ and ogre so i dunno if this is what ur looking for :

i just pressed f9 in the first lines and then kept pressing f10 till it loads the game scene then i ran the game camera towards the ninja character in order to trigger the access violation exception error and then pressed Break and took a screenshot..im not sure if that is what u wanted to say but if not please lemme know how to debugg it coz i forgot how to do that since its been months dat i dont watch c++ tutorials..
thanx in adavance,
Romulo

about the ogre.log file i dont know where it is located at,sorry if that sounds dumb to u but im pretty new to ogre tho..if u mean the visual studio output window then here it goes:

Code: Select all

'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\OgreApp8.exe', Symbols loaded.
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\OgreMain_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\OIS_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\RenderSystem_Direct3D9_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d8thk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_42.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumdx32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\RenderSystem_GL_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ig4icd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_ParticleFX_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_BSPSceneManager_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_CgProgramManager_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\cg.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_PCZSceneManager_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_OctreeZone_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\OgreSDK_vc10_v1-7-4\bin\debug\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager_d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InvalidParametersException at memory location 0x0020e174..
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InternalErrorException at memory location 0x0020afd8..
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InvalidParametersException at memory location 0x0020e178..
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InternalErrorException at memory location 0x0020e41c..
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InvalidParametersException at memory location 0x0020e29c..
First-chance exception at 0x74f8b9bc in OgreApp8.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Ogre::InvalidParametersException at memory location 0x0020e29c..
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'OgreApp8.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
First-chance exception at 0x03c0209a in OgreApp8.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0a1cc25c.
Unhandled exception at 0x03c0209a in OgreApp8.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0a1cc25c.
First-chance exception at 0x03c0209a in OgreApp8.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0a1cc25c.
Unhandled exception at 0x03c0209a in OgreApp8.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0a1cc25c.
The program '[1488] OgreApp8.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).
iblues1976
Gnome

Post by iblues1976 »

It is ok to be new.

I would try to start from scratch and do it all over again...
First, download the pre-built sdk
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/fi ... e/download
for instructions go to http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Installing+the+Ogre+SDK

then follow the instructions here. Except, that note that it says Boost_144 and the folder you have comes with 147.
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Setting+ ... ual+Studio

and then do tutorial 1.
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Basic+Tu ... =Tutorials

make sure you follow all the steps and let us know at what step of those tutorials you are having trouble.

As far as debugging, I found 2 links in how to debug using google : "How to debug visual studio 2010"
video (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5gBIizwsY0
and just standard tutorial
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/795 ... 0-A-Beginn

as far as the ogre.log, that will be found by default in the bin directory where your .exe file is. If you follow the instructions i how to set up an application of visual studio, you will notice that copies the files to the directory... you could also do a search in your system for ogre.log and figure out which one it is by the content of it. you can open it with notepad,notepad++ or any editor (it is a text file.)

I have to say, while I'm not new at programming, I'm new at Ogre, and here you will find a community that wants to help you. It is hard for most programmers (at least for me) to be able to tell you what problem someone has by the exception error you have... I'm not sure what is your programming background, but like the first person replied, it is probably a null pointer.

We have a great forum, for problems not relating to ogre, but more to programming which is call "Back to basics" [url http://ogre3d.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=10][/url]

I hope this helps. Once you have gone thru the steps I have suggested, let us know where you are stock, so we can help you.

thanks
Blender+C++
Gremlin

Post by Blender+C++ »

It is ok to be new.

I would try to start from scratch and do it all over again...
First, download the pre-built sdk
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/fi ... e/download
for instructions go to http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Installing+the+Ogre+SDK
Hi bro how u doing man?

thanks for understanding the fact that im a newbie and need to learn a lot of stuff yet...i started from scratch and fixed the errors..
first of all the "mSceneMgr->getRootSceneNode()->createChildSceneNode()->attachObject(entNinja);" line was located bellow the setCastShadows(true) line and also bellow the setAmbientLight and some other stuff..
in second comes the "directionalLight->setDirection(0,1,1);" line, it was looking like this : "directionalLight->setDirection(Ogre::Vector3(0,-1,1));" so i fixed it and also the seDirection was located bellow the "directionalLight->setDiffuseColour(0.25,0.25,0);directionalLight->setSpecularColour(0.25,0.25,0);" lines so i moved it up and fixed it,so everything now is looking fine and no more errors!!
thx for ur efforts dude i really appreciate that!!
make sure you follow all the steps and let us know at what step of those tutorials you are having trouble.

As far as debugging, I found 2 links in how to debug using google : "How to debug visual studio 2010"
video (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5gBIizwsY0
and just standard tutorial
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/795 ... 0-A-Beginn
ill watch those later thx bro :D
as far as the ogre.log, that will be found by default in the bin directory where your .exe file is. If you follow the instructions i how to set up an application of visual studio, you will notice that copies the files to the directory... you could also do a search in your system for ogre.log and figure out which one it is by the content of it. you can open it with notepad,notepad++ or any editor (it is a text file.)
Found it bullseye! :D
I'm not sure what is your programming background
i used to deal with .asp programming so i have some background and i also watched lots of c++ tutorials so i already know some fundamentals!!
thx again dude !
best Regards